Nancy in Kamloops
Nancy Bepple’s family has been part of the Kamloops community since 1934. She grew up here and came back to live and work.
- Elected as a City of Kamloops Councillor (2008-11, 2011-14).
- Chair of RAFT Refugees & Friends Together
- Board member of TRIPS Canoe Club.
- Co-founder of Kamloops Outdoor Skating Association where she helped build and maintain ovals and rinks at Inks Lake throughout COVID winters.
- Co-founder of Advocates for Kamloops Extended Care.
- Volunteer: Emergency Social Services (ESS), PIT Stop, and Changing the Face of Poverty, CMHA Ride Don’t Hide.
- Successful Business Person, launching CareerFirsts.ca in 2021, with clients across Canada and the US. Finalist for 2022 Emerging Business of the Year Award with Kamloops & District Chamber of Commerce
- Coop Coordinator at Thompson Rivers University (2001-2021), helped thousands of young people connect with computing science, engineering and technology jobs in Kamloops, and across BC.
What Nancy does for fun
In her spare time she loves whitewater canoeing in the summertime and outdoor skating in the winter. She plans on doing a two week wilderness canoe trip to the Stikine River in summer 2022. And she loves to play the banjo at extended care hospitals.